Friday, February 11, 2011

Change as I know It

Well I figured I would take some time to update since Its been two weeks.

  I have been watching with interest the proceedings in Egypt over the past few weeks. I have watched an persecuted peopled tired of the way they were being treated, people who cared about their country and the future for the kids, I watched them peacefully yet forcefully take their country back. The resignation of President Mubbarak and the lifting of emergency rule will finally allow the people to be free and democracy to flourish.
 This shows me that people in this country when unhappy can peacefully make their point and impact change in their city and country. People no longer need to be silent about the misplights of others. Its time for people to stand up to end poverty and in equality in our land. Everyone has the right to a safe place to live and a meal to eat. I am calling a generation of people to stand up and shout that we wont stand for the status quo anymore.
  Our society needs to be a leader in equality for all and be a society that shouts at inequality and injustice when it sees it. This means Tougher sentences for criminals. Enough of this probation for beating women or driving drunk.

  Anyways I am off for the weekend going to see Tammy and relax. Hope everyone has a great weekend and remember to stand up and shout if an injustice occurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment