Sunday, April 17, 2011

Yes I am Alive

Well I am almost halfway done my 3 months up here so decided it would be good to update on whats been up.
 I left Fredericton on March 8 and got to Mcpherson on March 9. Since then I have been busy. The first two weeks the boss was away so I was acting manager as soon as I got here. That wasnt to bad although I had to get a few reminders on how to do some of the paperwork. Alot of people back here were happy I was back. They missed me I guess. So work has been steady. The store was way overstocked when I came and needed to be straightened out as there was lots to do. I think now we are finally getting caught up and the grocery shelfs looking good. Other then working I have played some bingo and cards every now and then. I did manage to win 1 Bingo game lol.
 So I am just starting to look around and see what opportunities are out there for June when my contract ends here. I am not sure if it will be extended or what so its good to be prepared in any case.
 The weather was good when I got here but was cold all of last week. Now its back to being warm again. I notice now it is light out until after 11 or so. The ice road will be out soon and then we will be isolated here for 6 to 8 weeks. Once that is done it will be time for me to come home or go to work somewhere else.
  There is going to be a federal election in a few weeks in case u didnt know. Thats all I will say bout that.
Well it is 1230 here so I guess that will wrap up this update. I promise to be more frequent with my updates from now on. Peace

2 comments:

  1. hmm wondered where you went. can't stay away from the north can ya? hope you find what it is you're looking for. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's all you're going to say about the election?!? You?!? Come on! Where's the pro-conservative spiel?!? lol

    Good to hear everything is going well. You should post some pics!

    ReplyDelete