Sunday, July 31, 2011

Finally updating and my Midway Report

Well I figured it is time to finally update my blog. As most of you know I have been in McPherson again since the first part of March working again for the Co-op here. I have been extremely busy and at times it has been challenging however it is not to bad overall. Again John the boss who was here when I got here retired due to health reasons. He and his wife left on the 16th of July. My new Boss Conrad and his wife Fran came in and seem to be good people who I enjoy working for so far.
     Other then work I have not been doing alot of extra stuff. I played in a basketball league when I got back which ended at the end of May. I also still play bingo once in awhile. I dont go out to often as there is lots of drama round here that I like to avoid as much as possible.
     This weekend is Midway Weekend here in the area. It is a huge weekend of camping, music,dancing etc. It takes place about 40 km outside McPherson.  Due to it only being one weekend a year our staff all decided to go to Midway and forget about work so Conrad Fran and I and once cashier worked all weekend.
    Speaking of Midway , since I moved here back in 2009 my friends and people from town have been telling me how great it is and that I have to go. So yesterday my good friend Nathalie and her friend Samantha came from Inuvik and after I got off work we went up. Wow what beautiful scenery on the way there. The view when driving the delta was amazing. So when we got to Midway Lake we walked around checked it all out and listened to some of the bands playing. Nat and I decided to enter a square dance together which I am sure we made a fool of ourselves but it was fun. I also jigged with couple elders which was fun. Around midnight we decided we should head back into town, So we came back and went to sleep. This morning I got up and cooked the girls breakfast and round noon they dropped me off at work and headed on their way back to Inuvik. I imagine I will be heading down there in a couple weeks or so for a weekend. I need to get out of Mcpherson for a couple days before I get to "bushed" as they say here.
  My contract is supposed to end at the end of August so I am hoping between now and then it gets extended so I can stay and work. I dont know what I am going to do if it doesn't. Oh well I will worry about that when the time comes. No use getting worked up now.
  Anyways I dont have much else to write about write now other then I promise to try and update more frequently for the 5 people who read this.
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment