Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas is done for another year

Well Another year of Christmas has come and gone. This year was a mixed week as Tuesday we buried my good friend who passed away. After that I came to work to find out they had given me the whole day off for Bereavement when I didnt ask. This was very much appreciated as I needed it.
  Weds I just finished up some last minute preparations and Thursday I was off to Saint John to spend Christmas with my Grandparents which was nice. I realize each year how blessed I am at my age to have 3 of my 4 grandparents still alive. This is something I never take for granted. However like people everywhere I do think of lost loved ones. My grandfather passed away when I was 10 years old and the funeral was Dec24/1991. I miss him greatly and think of him often at this time of year.
 So we got to Saint John around 130 and spent Thursday with my grandparents which was a nice relaxing day. We had Supper then relaxed in the evening. My grampy and I played crib and he beat me 2 out of 3 games. I dont win to often but he likes to play and I enjoy it as well. We then went to bed for the evening around midnight.
    The next day my brother Jeremy and his Wife Emily got there around 1130  or so and brought with them Eggs, Bacon, ham and sausage and bread for toast and cooked up a wonderful brunch. We had a great time together eating and laughing. We then opened the gifts they had brought and the ones we got for them. After the brunch I decided I needed a nap. Once I woke up it was time to go to church for the christmas eve service. This was a good one hour service. We then came home and watched the original version of Miracle on 34th Street. I greatly like this movie. After that my moms friend Keith came over and spent the night there
    Christmas morning We got up around 930 and opened our gifts. I got 2 nice jackets a couple of books, a few nice sets of pants and shirts. And I got a badly needed wallet. After that we had a good breakfast again. Keith then had to leave but later that day we had a wonderful Turkey dinner that my mom and grandmother made although I must take credit as I cooked the squash and it was terrific. After dinner and relaxing I again lost to Grampy in crib lol this time 2 straight.
  After that it was talkin on the phone time and then sleep. This morning I got the 930 bus from Saint John and came here to work. It hasnt been to busy tonight which is nice. I think I am going to watch a movie after work which will be nice. I do work again tomorrow then am off for a day then work two then 3 off.  So thats my Christmas recap. I hope everyone had a joyous time with the friends and family and everyone has a happy new year.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment