Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sad couple of days

Boy if I needed a reminder on how fragile we as humans can be and how quickly our life can change I received that this week.
  A good friend who is like a sister to me and her family is like my family was diagnosed with Leukemia about April of this year. This came as quite a shock as she was a healthy 33 year old woman with 3 beautiful young boys. So she went through the Chemo and it was determined that she needed a bone marrow transplant. Her brother flew home from out west and the transplant was done and deemed a success. However when the Doctors began giving her the anti rejection drugs the trouble began.
 The anti rejection drugs caused liaisons on her brain which have now caused her liver and kidneys to stop working.She was in Halifax for 2 months and 2 weeks ago got sent to Saint John hospital as the docs said nothing more can be done for her. My mother and I went down on Weds and went to the hosp on Thursday to see her and I wouldnt have recongized her if I didnt know who it was. The jaundice has set in and and she cant speak and so skinny
.  Without the miracle of her liver and kidneys starting to work again I dont see this ending well. However I serve a God who can heal sickness, is bigger then cancer and still performs miracles.
    So if all my blogger friends could say a prayer for her I would much appreciate it as Im sure the family would to.
  Lets all remember to appreciate life and each day as it can quickly be taken from us.

1 comment: