Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Two cats better then one?

 You know the old saying two is better then one? Well I used to think it was true in most cases. I have however decided that two cats is not better then one lol. We recently got my brothers cat as he is going away to Florida and we are keeping his cat. We allready have a cat who was quite content being queen of the house. Well the first night  I was trying to sleep in the living room and all I heard all night was hissing and running and meowing. My two cats decided to proceed to keep me up all night with their getting to know each other actions.
 It has now been about 3 days and they seem to be getting along quite ok until this am when they decided to fight with each other for the morning. I tend to think they were just playing but it looked to be escalating so the Water bottle fixed that lol. They did however last night spend time sleeping beside each other on the same couch so I am sure they will get along in the next days.
  Other then that not much to write about. had a day off yesterday and didnt do much and then today I cleaned out apartment storage area.  That was about an hours work. I also climbed in a dumpster but that was for another blog

2 comments:

  1. Someone wants to be boss, which cat will win? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. it generally takes 3 wks for cats to get used to each other. we found this out when we introduced k's family cats to our exisiting 2 (at that time). which brought out number to 5, then i got the XH cat (my family cat before we got married), so then there were six. each cat required a period of adjustment, and there was always some stress amongst one of them. never a dull moment you might say. as the years pass, so too do our furbabies, and sadly we are at 4 now. for the most part, everyone gets on fine. (throw in the new dog and well.....actually everyone seems to be ok). i am sure that the two cats are setting their boundaries and getting to know each other. unless there is an iminent danger of battle scars, or blood, i would hesitate to interfere. they have to work out the pecking order on their own generally.

    ReplyDelete