Monday, November 22, 2010

I am a dancing machine

So this weekend was the Xplornet Christmas Party. My buddy picked me up around 520 or so and we made a quick stop to pick up some supplies then headed to the delta hotel for the evening festivities. We first went up to one of our buds rooms and had a couple of "pops" then  headed to the lobby to meet and greet our friends and fellow co workers before going into sit down for dinner. After dinner I got my pic taken with a great gal so I'm sure it will turn out fine.
  The Dinner was tremendous a buffet of alot of different foods. I was definitely full after eating. So then there was some boring speeches and then people got their 5 year awards and such. This was cool as a couple of people I know got their 5 year plaques. They also did some door prizes including a laptop and a TV.
 Sadly I didnt win anything.
   After that we sat around and socialized some more and had couple more beverages. After a while some friends decided to get up and finally start dancing. I barely sat down for the next 3 hours. It was great fun and I got to dance with some great people who I wont name but they know who they are. We all danced and had lots of fun and laughs.
  After the dance some people decided to go out to the club but I stayed back in the hotel with a lady who was not feeling well. That was fun as we sat and talked and laughed until Her roomate and friend came back from being out. All in all it was a great evening and a fun night that I am glad I went. I have some great co workers who I greatly enjoy spending time with and hope to spend more time in the future.

1 comment:

  1. glad you had a good time, mystery-matt. i, for one, am not big on office parties, but then again, being a non drinker sort of excludes me from that sort of thing. that, and the over use of perfumes, hair spray and colognes. just never was a big plus for me. congrats to those who managed to still hang on to their jobs after 5 yrs, too. have a good day!

    ReplyDelete