Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Job or A Purpose

I ve had a few career choices thrown my way in the past couple of weeks. I have had 2 interviews for a retail management position, I have been told to apply for two jobs with the government of the NWT which I did today, I have been told also about the possibility of a job in the cruise ship industry as well as still working on joining the military.
      This makes me happy to know I have lots of options out there to pursue should I choose. Out of all these options I think  I would best like to work for the government of NWT. The jobs best suit my skills and one of them especially would be something I would excel at. Notice I havent mentioned the financial incentives lol.The money for the government job would be very good.
     I really want to find a good paying job that I enjoy and excel at. Is it that hard for someone to do this. I read somewhere that 60% of people would take less money then they currently make to work at a job they enjoy. This tells me that too many people are caught on the merry go round of go to work get the paycheck and come home. This lack of enthusiasm at whatever the job is can also lead to lack of enthusiasm in life. I think a person whos happier in their job will naturally be happier in their life.
   I try to be a happy go lucky person in whatever I do and can only imagine how much better I would feel working in a job I truly enjoyed. Maybe the reason I have switched jobs every so often is because I have yet to find the one I am truly designed to do.
  I find myself at this stage of my life wondering if I ever will find out what it is I truly desire to do. I tend to think that most young people around my age have an idea or are doing whatever it is they desire to do. I evaluate where my life is at and see alot of my friends married, getting established in their careers, having kids lol and sometimes wonder what about me. Oh Well I m sure my time will come. For now I am reminded of a verse of a song I used to know as a teenager

                         If there are millions down on their knees, among the many can you still hear me? Here me asking where do I belong, Is there Vision that I can call my own.
                          Show me I'm looking for a reason, roaming through the night to find my place in this world, my place in this world, Not alot to lean on, I need your light to help me find my place in this world, my place in this world,

        Sometimes I wish someone would just show me instead of me hopping from place to place to find that place where I will be content and happy and be willing to stay for the next 20 years or so. Again I believe everyone has a place to serve and it is just taking me longer to find mine I guess. The journey shall continue until I find that place.
       

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I have to disagree, if ppl are taking less money doing what they love doesn't mean that they lack enthusiasm. Obvioulsy they love what they do for a living...

    You know our bills/expenses match our income. the more more you make, the more you spend and same goes the other way....

    Anyway, the govt job does sound great!!

    ReplyDelete