Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 4-Something I have to forgive myself for

  I thought for awhile about what episode in my life would I want to write about for all to see and then this one came to me. It took me a long time to forgive myself for this but over the years I have come to forgive myself for this.
   Back in 2000 I started dating this wonderful young girl. We were very close and were together for almost 2 years.. During this time I naturally became close as well with her family including aunts uncles grandparents etc
  So anyways while we were still dating her grandfather hadnt been well for a fair length of time. Now after we broke up we remained close friends and I was attending STU. For people who know when u drive down Priestman to get to STU you go right by the hospital. So one day i was coming back from lunch and as I was driving by the hospital the Lord spoke to me and said " I should go visit him for a few minutes and say hello and see how hes doing" Needless to say I thought to myself Ill do it tomorrow I need to get back to class.
  Needless to say the next day I didnt go either and when I got home from school my exs father called me to tell me that her grandfather had passed away. For along time I couldnt forgive myself for not going to see him when that voice popped into my head and told me to go see him. I realize now what a missed opportunity that was for me to tell him how much I had enjoyed spending time at his home and talking with him..

  So thats the answer to question 4 stay tuned for more tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. i have one of those too. i left my father's room at the hospital at 2pm only to find out at 230p that he had died. maybe he was waiting for me to leave? maybe he was sparing me that pain? i was there for most of the day, if only i had stayed a little longer? the what if's and the shoulda couldas only serve to hurt ourselves. i hope that you have come to a point where you have forgiven yourself. i believe i have.

    ReplyDelete