Friday, October 29, 2010

Day 5 -something I have to forgive someone for

 Well I think writing this in itself could help with the forgiveness process for some people. I was quickly thinking over my life searching for a good example of this. I think I found one I am comfortable sharing with the blogging world
    When I was 21 my father walked out on my mother brothers and I. At this time I remember telling him that I never wanted to talk to or see him again. For about 4 years I didnt talk to my father and I did happen to speak to him it was always argumentative. I went through depression and addiction due to this event in my life. Finally after 4 years of anger and bitterness just eating me up inside as well as a huge empty void in me I began slowly talking to my father again. Doing this took alot of time and effort. I was very mistrustful and cautious, This was also an action I had around other people as well. I was just waiting for someone to walk out and leave me again as this had happened to the person  I admired more then any other. I was full of hatred and hurt
   Finally through the prayers of many people and the love and support of those close to me I decided to reach out and try to begin a relationship with my father. Now 6 years later and our relationship while different then before is pretty much the same as it always was. this goes to show that unforgiveness only hurts the person holding onto the offence. I really believe one of the keys to contentment and happiness in life is letting go of the issues that cause us pain anger and bitterness. Well that's it for now  Happy Halloween everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment