Friday, October 15, 2010

Tonights Topic

 Well after not blogging yesterday I figured I'd better write one for today. I think tonight's topic will be what I;'ve done for the past couple of days and also I will write about some topics that I may blog about in the future. One of my previous blogs started a little of a debate so I think I will re examine the issue of Bilingualism in New Brunswick and how I think it hurts the long term economic stability of this province at a time when we can not
afford it. I will voice my opinion on this as well as some information to back this up.
   So there are other topics I will blog about like politics. David Alward finally got sworn in as premier on Tuesday and named his cabinet. I believe the cabinet was put together well and has a good number of experience and youth. I think the next few years will be filled with tough but necessary decisions that will need to be made in order to make NB sustainable for the long term.
 I believe the time is over for giving big businesses tax breaks and other perks and time for the small businesses in NB to be given the same breaks as they are what really drive the economy. I think the time for wasteful government spending has to be reigned in. I know this may mean some special interest groups and different lobbyists that are used to getting free handouts may not get them. I also know NBers will be faced with some service cuts but I believe they are necessary as long as not to health and education.
  I'm sure knowing how the NB public reacts to difficult changes and decisions that there will be many upset people at some of the decisions that are made but after the mistakes of the previous 4 years as well as the economic situation worldwide that these decisions are the only way to balance the books of this great province.
 Well that was a tangent I didnt plan on going into tonight. Onto a happier subject. I do have the weekend off. I don't plan on doing to much exciting but it will be nice to be able to go to bed before 3 am.
  I hope to blog in a couple of days about a little less serious topic maybe something cool like food or girls lol.
Until Then peace out and thanks for stopping by+

1 comment:

  1. Alward may not be the savior the Conservatives and NB people want him to be ... he's already broken two of his promises in only three days. A sign of times to come? Very likely.

    ReplyDelete