Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My first Blog

  Well in this day and age it seems everyone has a blog, So I figured why not join the crowd. So this is the first installment of ramblings of a Matt Man. On this blog the topics will vary depending on the mood I'm in or the issues I feel should be discussed.
  Well I should give a little bit of an introduction of myself to start my debut blog. I am a 29 year old single guy currently working for a company called Xplornet. I basically help people who are having issues with their internet connections or issues with their email program. Definately not a job I want for the rest of my life but I think most of society would say that about their current employment. I recently moved back to Fredericton New Brunswick after 14 months in a town called Fort Mcpherson in the Northwest Territories. While there I was working for Arctic Co-operatives Ltd as an Assistant Manager for the local Co-op Store there.
      This was a great opportunity for me to explore a different part of the country and to meet some of the most amazing people that I have had the opportunity to meet. The simplicity of life there along with the friendliness of people and the respect for the elders of the community are things I will always remember. The love and support shown there to each other during times of loss are something everyone should strive for.
      Previously too that I also lived in the Village of Kimmirut Nunavut also working in retail. This was a place of great fun and great sorrow. I made some great friends that I still talk to and think of often. I learned a totally new way of life and ate somethings that I didnt know people ate. However there were also times of great sorrow and sadness there. A dear friend of mine serving there as a RCMP officer was shot and killed at the age of 20 years old. I remember him often and have relived that day many times. The kindness and compassion of the people there during that time will never be forgotten.
     I enjoy playing sports, poker, music, children and family as well as being at church and also just relaxing.
   I'm  not sure what else to write for this first post but I'm sure there will be much more stuff that I will shar with you all over the life of this blog. Any comments or topic suggestions are welcome.

Signing off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment